Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two days of class

    Alright I am feeling good...maybe this is a little premature but I love physiology.  Dr. Reich is our physiology teacher and he thrives on participation, I understood his style when he slammed his hand on the podium really hard, yelled "Hey" and gave everyone but me a heart attack, because I was watching him.
    After his introduction to the course and his probing questions about what we all heard about his class and him we all ran to the Learning Resource Center and printed tons of notes (available on public servers for us to print off any time we like). I read and answered all the questions in the objectives list he provided and got ready for today, I felt good.  Dr. Reich entered the room, asked how many people reviewed the material, how far we got and then threw a curve ball at everyone but me and a few others. He began asking questions and feeding off our answers and curiosity all the while staying in the realm of the topics we talked about in the notes (Carbohydrate digestion and absorption). Thank you Dr. Blanchard, Adaska, Moeller, Prasad, Chin and all the residents for helping me learn my discussion skills, because I passed with flying colors today in that lecture. I like the game he is playing and I understand why he is doing it and I can thrive. I just have to stay ahead, which means little in the way of anything else (the blog). 
   There are a few of us that like the way he works (time flies when he teaches) and then there is my roommate who was having a mini stroke because she didn't know what to write down.  I reassured her and am going to help her adjust her studying style so she doesn't get wrapped up in fear because of his go with the flow style.  His lecture style is not one where you can write down notes, it is all about paying attention and interacting with him.  At first is seems like your answering a question but at the end of the discussion you realize that you have covered a lot of material that you studied the night before. I am happy.

  I heard from some faculty that there are some faculty stuck in Miami because they missed their connections because their previous flights were delayed.  I guess American Airlines over books their flights by 37 seats for every flight which leaves no empty seats for those that missed connections.  I guess they will make up their lectures later in the semester!

Got to Read!

 I hope you all are having as great a day!

KIT
Kat

1 comment:

  1. emmy wants more pictures of the piggy! we miss you!!!!! kim and co.

    ReplyDelete