Monday, January 3, 2011

Airport Adventures Part IV

December 31 2010 (New Years Eve)

            Made it to breakfast, and a bite, the taxis were ready to go and got us to the airport around 8:30am.

Sixth line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
                Checked luggage.  They didn't make us pay a second over weight fee either which I wasn't expecting, but very nice.
Seventh line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
Went through security.  This time I remembered to take my laptop out of the cover and the attendant said I didn't have to! What! ARG!!
Eighth line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
Boarded plane.
Ninth line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
Got off plane in ST. Kitts!
Tenth line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
Customs check with only four stands available for our whole flight and then some!
Eleventh line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
Baggage claim…the carousel got full fast because it was so tiny for all the luggage and the bottle neck was the customs officials taking their time with all the students paperwork. So an attendant came around and began pulling random luggage off the carousel which made it particularly difficult to find your baggage! So not only did you have to keep an eye on all the bags that look alike you have to keep an eye on the lady pulling off random bags!  I don’t care how many foofy or bright color whatever’s on your luggage after a long flight it all still looks the same.
Twelfth line to stand in Ah…ah…AH
                Waited for the agent at declarations to go through my bag or at least quiz me. I was so nervous because I wasn’t really sure what this was going to cost me or what they are going to want to see.  Luckily I went through with just a few questions and he stamped my declaration paper and was finally done with AIRPORTS! YEAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.  The warm sun felt good and as I panned the crowd holding signs for their respective schools I saw the smiling faces of Ross Vet.  Adele hugged me, gave me water and a granola bar and called my orientation leader over to me.  I finally made it…and yet still had to stand in lines and wait for the rest of our group to make it through.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it went even smoother than me trying to get into Spain. ;-)

    The blog is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete